Monday, July 14, 2014

Ruby Red Slippers & IPhones

It seems that with aging I only am only given more rules and more responsibility. Everyone is eagerly waiting for their new car, their drivers licence, staying out later, and dating. Well while everyone is getting their new car they also have to get a job to pay for this car and the insurance and the gas. So the money that is made from their job is given to their cars. Am I the only one who finds this tedious and rather annoying? Although it may be because I'm extremely jealous of those who don't have to walk everywhere and get honked/yelled at by random strangers on their way. Since entering high school my mom is working even harder to make sure I am safe. Now I can't even hang out at a guys house unless she calls the parents. What happened to age bringing freedom? I know it's because she cares and not because she doesn't trust me so in no way is this blog post against my mother. In fact, this post is against aging. I wish I could go back to when I was two. Ever since I can remember there's always been some kind of drama in my life:

  • Ages 3-4 at daycare it was all about red ruby slippers. If you didn't have Dorthy shoes, then you were singled out as the loser. You also had to have the coolest stuff to play with at "Share and Tell." *Valarie was in possession of said slippers. She also didn't let me or my best friend play with her toys at "Share and Tell."
  • Age 4-5 it was all about crayons. I had the 24 set so I was just average. The coolest people had the 64 pack with the sharpener.
  • Age 6 you had to have the robotic cat that walked when you pulled on it's leash. I had a stuff cat that I dragged around school with a string wrapped around it's neck. 
  • Age 7 was the backpacks. I had a Britney Spears backpack... Well you can imagine how that went down.
  • Ages 8-9 was about being funny and having stupid talents. Like having milk come out your eyes or spitting corn in people's hair. 
  • Age 10 it was all about singing. Who was the best singer, what singers were popular, etc. I can't sing. 
  • Age 11 everyone started getting phones. I didn't get a phone but it didn't matter because I'd have no one to text.
  • Ages 12-13 was dating. Beautiful girls were dating twits and morons. It smelled desperate.
  • Age 14-15 IPhones. Still have my free phone. Lost a lot of Free Phone Friends.
  • Age 16 Cars and Cash.
Zebra Frappuccino
(Atleast I'm on the Fancy Coffee Bandwagon)
 
I was always out of  the loop. Not because I like being a unique individual but because I've always missed the bandwagon or tried to ape up but then fell off. I've always been the weird kid, the odd one out. There's no one I can blame but myself and my mother for not buying me what's "in." What is "in?" anyway? Who chooses what's in and what isn't? Who says who is popular and who isn't? Is it really all about having sparkly red slippers or an IPhone? I don't aspire to be popular, only to understand what it means. 
Status update on SSB: Talked to my guy friend and when I asked if he would still date a girl who fell at his feet and acted awkward around him, he laughed and asked if I fell. He's either extremely shallow or I'll have to work a little harder to obtain SSB. It bothers me how much I like him. Here I am doing regular everyday things and thinking about him constantly even though I know he's probably not thinking the same things. I'm thinking up scenarios of how perfect homecoming and prom would be if he just liked me back and he's probably thinking about guy stuff like cross country, guitar or video games. Rant for the day.
Anyway, that's my post. It's quite rainy. I may post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment