Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sexy Smile Boy and Falling On My Butt

What is love? It's one of the most common questions throughout the ages. It's a word with more definitions than any other word. I'm just not sure what it means yet. Sure I've said it to a all of my boyfriends but that's because they said it first and asking, "What is love?" in a high school relationship to a high school boy is not the best option. Anyway me being super strong (or just entertaining) and all, I was invited to help set up a stage for a concert coming up. Learned how to Daisy Chain and what the heck it meant to Daisy Chain. I'm pretty proud. Also proved stronger than one of the boys although he was in middle school and had the upper body strength of a hamster.
We were being lectured on why we had been invited there today (they claimed it was because we were learning but we all knew that it's easier to hire volunteers than workers that they have to pay) and in walks this 73in tall guy, with brown wavy/curly hair, deep brown eyes (slightly squinty like mine) and a sexy smile followed by *Jerry. *Jerry and I don't like each other in anyway but we tease each other which people usually mistake for flirting. I didn't successfully avoid *Jerry but our teasing was only brief and not when I was in the presence of Sexy Smile boy.
Up until 4:00 I was working hard and only making slight glances at him. I was moving stage pieces, drilling them together, moving boxes, carrying crates, sweating, etc. Then however, *Jerry, Other boy, and Hamster all went out to the garage to start cutting two by fours for the stage and it was just my 22 year old mentor, Sexy Smile boy and myself. I didn't really know if I liked him, I only knew that he was nice to look at.
We worked side by side together for the next hour. It was wonderful. He was so fun to be with. He had a child like playfulness but also had a very mature attitude towards what we were doing. We had to make a line out of tape on the projector screen and he teased me for my OCD for wanting the line to be perfectly straight although after a few minutes of pondering and staring at our semi crooked tape line, he was all for making a perfectly straight line. He and I walked around for awhile looking for a tape measure. (Not really sure why. He was the smart one who wanted a straight line. I was the girl pretending I cared so I could listen to him tease me.)
So that's what love looks like.
Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino 
By 5:00 to of the boys had left, Hamster and Other boy. So it was my mentor, *Jerry, Sexy Smile boy and myself. We had pizza and watched the storm rage outside. After dinner we began to hook up wires. I was stuck putting curtains up around the stage edges first so it was less time spent with Sexy Smile boy. After however he and I were wiring right next to each other and realizing we did everything wrong and starting over again. We didn't ignore *Jerry but it was quite obvious that I was paying much more attention to Sexy Smile boy.
By 7:00 *Jerry was gone. I figured I'd turn on the charm except I couldn't. I was usually so flirty and charming around guys but around SSB (Sexy Smile boy) I couldn't! I kept saying the stupidest things. I would stumble on my words and mumble and oh yeah, I fell on my arse! I fell 1 foot out of the tech booth right on my butt at his feet. My mentor helped me up and I was so in a daze that I didn't look to see if he offered his hand. It wouldn't have mattered though. I had just fallen on my butt. I've walked around school in heels for years and my school has steep ramps! Here I am going around tripping and falling in flat shoes! I've never been the pretty girl, or the smart girl, or the funny girl. All I have to rely on is my flirtatious nature and so far with SSB it hasn't been going well. I don't understand why I'm acting so out of character.
This is why I'm questioning what love is. Or what like is I guess. I don't know much about him other than I like being with him. How am I supposed to know if that qualifies! I keep messing up. I keep thinking I like someone and then realizing that they aren't for me. It just seems different around SSB but that could because I've never embarrassed myself so badly in front of any other guy so often in so little time before. Maybe I just like that he didn't piss himself laughing at me. I guess I don't have to worry though. Girls who make awkward mouth sounds and fall on their butts are not exactly attractive to most guys.
The quest for love continues. Wish me luck as I wish all of you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment